Military Wives Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BBC News  (Read 9370 times)

chadduck

• aka - BJ
  • Administrator
  • Level 10
    • View Profile
BBC News
« on: January 06, 2009, 02:06:08 pm »

Hi BJ,

I was asked to contact you about a request I'd like to make of your members.

I'm a reporter with the BBC in London.  I am currently researching a documentary series for the BBC charting the effects Barack Obama's first term will have on the African American community in the US.  Mr Obama will of course aim to govern for all Americans but there is no denying the hopes that exist within the black community, and the aim of our series is to chart whether those hopes turns out to be justified or not.

To that end, we are aiming to find between 4 and 6 African Americans across the economic and social spectrum who are willing to participate in the series.  Our plan is to conduct an initial interview with the participants shortly, and then to return to them 2 or 3 times a year until 2012.  The series will be broadcast in the summer of 2012 just as Mr Obama is, presumably, running for re-election. 

The individuals we intend to follow will - hopefully - include an auto-worker, a banker, a young person, a single parent, a retiree and a military family.  Each individual, and their category, is of course subject to change depending on who comes forward and is willing to participate.

We aim to conduct the first series of interviews around the inauguration but will arrange all such details with the contributors directly.

As you can see, we are keen to include an African-American military spouse and would welcome any assistance you or your members could give in making contact with potential interviewees. 

If anyone is interested in participating, then I appreciate they may have many questions about the project.  I will of course be more than happy to speak to them indepth about what we intend to do.

I hope you find this request suitable for your forums and I look forward to hearing from your members.

Many thanks,

Michael

Michael Buchanan
Reporter,
BBC News 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

DISCLAIMER: These message forums are owned and operated by MilitaryWives.com, Incorporated, a privately owned and operated Washington state corporation. Our officers, our Board of Directors, our employees and our designated representatives retain the privilege and the right to control access, the right of editting, removing ANY and ALL content placed on these forums, and the right of removing ANY and or ALL individual accounts that in our sole opinion are disruptive and detrimental to our overall stated purpose of providing support to the military spouse. None of the United States Armed Services (United States Marine Corps, United States Navy, United States Army, United States Air Force, United States Coast Guard) nor any other component of the Department of Defense has approved, endorsed, or authorized these products / services / activities.